Coastal ocean dynamics has been my main interest since I graduated.
During my PhD at LSEET/MIO (Toulon, France), I investigated the representation of meso/sub-mesoscale dynamics
in a high resolution ocean model of the Gulf of Lions (Mediterranean Sea).
In 2011, I joined the Coastal and
Regional Oceanography Lab team at UNSW (Sydney, Australia www.oceanography.unsw.edu.au/) as a postdoctoral scholar, to work on the ocean
circulation along the eastern Australian shelf.
My research is now primary based on coastal observations, from the
national Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS), with a particular focus on cross-shelf dynamics,
upwelling and frontal eddies.
- Coastal ocean processes: cross-shelf dynamics,upwelling /uplift
- Sub-mesoscale / mesoscale eddies
- Western Boundary Currents
- Moorings, ocean gliders, HF radars
- High resolution regional modelling
How cold is the water now??
North-Western Mediterranean Sea